Social Media Marketing
“An open platform of communication where people and companies portray their respective brand image via educating and engaging with each other on a daily basis without an interruption.”
The Age of Social Media
- A brand is no longer what a company says, it is the customers what they say about it
- The trend in social media is changing: (CRM → CMR)
- The Customer is now in control of what they read, hear and watch.
- Develop relationships first, and then sell
- Currency in social media is relationships and content
Social Media in Businesses
- Allows businesses to directly interact with the consumers
- Social media presence and content creates the feel of a fresh, competent and trend setting brands or organizations
- Businesses can use web campaigns, ads, and events to generate buzz in the online community
- Businesses can also gather and monitor performance of its brands through different analytical tools. (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Counter)
The Importance of Social Media
- Has created a tectonic shift from traditional to technological way of communication
- Using the different platforms one can start to brand themselves as somebody different from the rest of the crowd.
- Gives marketers a voice and a way to communicate with peers, customers and potential consumers.
- Provides an identity to who we are and the products or services that we offer.
- We can create relationships using social media with people who might not otherwise know about our products or service or what our companies represent.
I want to thank all of you for reading my blog. I will like to know your feedback or thoughts on this. Please do so by leaving a comment below.